- Reading Period: February 1st through March 15th and from September 1st through October 15th.
- Recommended submission: 3-5 poems or essays up to 20 pages.
- Only one submission per reading period, please.
- Manuscripts can be submitted by mail or electronically through Submittable.
- We do not publish fiction.
- We cannot consider work by current HWS students. Please do not submit if you currently attend HWS.
- Please include a self-address stamped envelope (SASE).
- Manuscripts postmarked outside of our reading period will be returned unread.
- Editors typically respond within 6 to 9 months, sooner if we can.
- Accepted authors receive two complimentary copies of their issue and a two-year subscription to Seneca Review.
- Copyright is held by Hobart and William Smith Colleges until publication, at which time rights revert to the author.
Our mailing address is:
Hobart and William Smith Colleges
300 Pulteney St.
Geneva, NY 14456