Community Cash - Summer

First Day to Place Funds on Summer Community Cash Card is May 20th
Summer Community Cash is for visiting non-HWS students. All HWS students should go to the OneCard webpage to place cash on OneCard.

Community Cash Payment

Community Cash Payment for external groups in the summer months.

Use for on-campus purchases for laundry cards, The College Store and Saga Dining.


Q: How do I obtain a Community Cash card for on-campus or off-campus purchases while I am staying on campus in the summer?
A:  The card will be available at the Conferences and Events Office, 678 South Main St.  Please contact the Conferences and Events Office at 315-781-3103 for more information about the card, to obtain a card ID number, how to place funds on the card, and to schedule a time to pick up the card.

Q: How do I place funds on the card?
A: Visit the Community Cash Payment webpage.

Please have the ID number the Conferences and Events Office provided you ready when placing funds on the card. If you did not receive an ID number, please call the Conferences and Events Office at 315-781-3103.

Q: Do I need to place a minimum amount on the card?
A: No. There is no minimum balance to place on the card.

Q: Once funds are placed on the card, how long before the card is activated?
A: The funds will be available 5 to 10 minutes after confirmation.

Q: Do I receive a refund if a remaining balance is on my card at the end of my stay?
A: There are no refunds or carryovers for remaining monies on the card.

Q: Is there a maximum amount I can place on the card?
A: Since there are no refunds or carryovers, please only place money on card you will spend during your stay on campus.   For example, if you plan to wash and dry four loads of laundry during your stay on campus then you should place $13.00 on the card.  Four loads of laundry to wash x $1.75 per load and four loads of laundry to dry x $1.50 per load = $13.00.

Q: What is the cost to do a load of laundry?
A: Laundry is $1.75 per load for washer and $1.50 per load for dryer.

Q: What do I do if the washers or dryers are not properly working?
A: Contact Conferences and Events Office at 315-781-3103 to place a work order with the Buildings and Grounds Office. If after hours, please call Campus Safety 315-781-3656. Please provide the residence hall name, location of the machine (1st floor, 2nd floor), and which machine is not in proper working order. To receive a refund for monies lost due to machine failure, please provide your card ID number.

Q: What do I do if I have lost my card?
A: Contact Conferences and Events Office at 315-781-3103. If after hours, please call Campus Safety 315-781-3656.

Q: What do I do with my card at the end of my stay?
A: Please return the card to the Conferences and Events Office upon departure from campus.

Card Holder Responsibilities

All individuals requesting a Community Cash Card must agree to the terms and conditions in this policy. The cardholder is responsible for use of the card in accordance with the instructions at all locations where the card is accepted. The cardholder may be required to sign a receipt for goods received. If the point of sale terminal is equipped to provide a receipt then the cardholder will either receive a receipt as a matter of course or upon request. It is the cardholder’s responsibility to ensure that the receipt is correct. Under no circumstances may alcoholic beverages be purchased with the card. The card acts as a stored value account, not as a credit card. Deposited funds will be referred to as “COMMUNITY CASH”. No negative balances, cash withdrawals or cash advances are permitted. Account balances do not accrue interest or other earnings.

COMMUNITY CASH remaining at the end of a stay is not refunded or carried over to next summer. 

Merchandise may be accepted for return in accordance with the refund policy in effect at the place of purchase of the product(s) or service(s). Any refund(s) shall be credited to the cardholder’s account; no cash refund(s) will be made for any purchase made with the card.

The Colleges are not responsible for the refusal to accept or honor the card by any of the participating establishments under, but not limited to, the following circumstances:

  • There are insufficient funds in the account at the time the purchase is requested,
  • The equipment being used by the merchant or office initiating the transaction is not functioning correctly at the time the transaction is attempted,
  • The account has been temporarily or permanently suspended due to violation(s) of this agreement,
  • The card has been reported lost or stolen.

At Dining Services’ locations

The card is available for purchase of a meal.  If the card does not have sufficient funds to complete the transaction, the remaining balance will need to be paid with cash.