Environmental Health & Safety at HWS
Safety Programs and Policies
HWS is committed to comply with all relevant laws pertaining to environmental, health and safety (EHS). EHS factors and legal requirements shall be taken into consideration when managing the Colleges' operations and activities, as well as any substantial modification to its buildings, grounds and facilities. It has been and will continue to be the practice of HWS to manage all environmental considerations in compliance with environmental regulations and good environmental practices, and provide a safe, healthy and regulatory-compliant work environment for all faculty, students and contractors working for the Colleges. All faculty, staff, students and contractors are expected to comply with the provisions of this EHS Program as well as regulatory requirements promulgated by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Environmental Protection Agency, (EPA), and any other applicable regulatory agency.
For more information on the Colleges' Environmental Health & Safety Program, click here.
- Airborne Infections Disease Exposure Prevention Plan
- Bloodborne Pathogens Program
- Chemical Hygiene Plan - Biology Department
- Chemical Hygiene Plan - Chemistry Department
- Chemical Hygiene Plan - Geoscience Department
- Chemical Hygiene Plan - Finger Lakes Institute
- Environmental, Health and Safety Program
- Hazard Communication Program
- Personal Protective Equipment Program
- Respiratory Protection Program