Welcome to the 2023 Open Enrollment webpage. Benefits Open Enrollment will take place this year October 28th through November 14th. Employees are now able to log into the benefit portal using PeopleSoft single sign on. Simply log into PeopleSoft with your HWS username and password as you normally do and then navigate to the benefit portal located under the Human Resources menu. As a benefits eligible faculty or staff member, you have access to a range of quality benefit options so you can get the coverage you need for yourself and your eligible family members. Open Enrollment is your annual opportunity to reassess your healthcare, life insurance, and other benefit needs - by considering how you used your benefits in 2022 and how your needs may change in 2023.
Benefits eligible faculty and staff are able to enroll in or make changes to their benefit elections for the upcoming calendar year during Open Enrollment. Log in to the benefit portal to review your benefit elections from last year and to update benefit elections for calendar year 2023. Log into the benefit portal Aleraedge.com to review your benefit elections from last year and to update benefit elections for calendar year 2023. Open enrollment begins on October 28th at 12:00 a.m. and closes on November 14th at 11:59 p.m. Once Open Enrollment closes you will not be able to make a benefit change until the next Open Enrollment, unless you have a qualifying life event.
If you do not elect any changes, your current benefit elections will remain in effect with the exception of flexible spending. Remember, health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts will default to No Contribution so it is important that you (re)elect the appropriate contribution each year.
2023 BENEFIT HIGHLIGHTS
Human Resources is hosting several virtual sessions for employees to learn about benefit offerings and to ask questions. Benefit presentations will be held on the below dates and Zoom links will be emailed to the campus.
- Tuesday, November 1st at 4 p.m.
- Wednesday, November 9th at 10 a.m.
Summary of Changes
Hobart and William Smith Colleges are continuing to provide employees with a strong benefit package. As a benefit eligible faculty or staff member, you have access to a range of benefit options and can elect the coverage needed for you and your eligible family members. Open enrollment will take place this year October 28 – November 14 and it is your annual opportunity to reassess your health care, life insurance, and other benefit needs.
Below are a few highlights:
- NEW: Voluntary Group Accident - Met Life Accident Insurance can supplement existing medical coverage and help provide financial support to pay for out-of-pocket expenses. Benefits are paid regardless of what is covered by medical insurance. Contributions are 100% employee paid.
- NEW: Voluntary Group Critical Illness - Met Life Critical Illness Insurance can complement existing medical coverage and help fill financial gaps caused by out-of-pocket expenses. Benefits are paid regardless of what is covered by medical insurance. Contributions are 100% employee paid.
- NEW: In-vitro Fertilization (IVF) Coverage - In-vitro Fertilization (IVF) coverage follows the NY State Mandate for 3 cycles of IVF in a lifetime and includes fertility preservation when medically necessary. Contributions are 100% employer paid.
- Rate Increases -
- Medical Premium Rate Increase - 4% Increase
- Dental & Vision Premium Rate Increase - No Rate Increase
- Flexible Spending Accounts - Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts will default to No Contribution, so you must elect an appropriate contribution each year if you wish to utilize either of these.
- If you have a remaining balance in your 2021 flexible spending account (FSA) - you have until 12/31/2022 to incur claims and until 1/31/2023 to submit claims for reimbursement.
- If you have a remaining balance in your 2022 flexible spending account (FSA) - you have until 3/15/2023 to incur claims and 6/15/2023 to submit claims for reimbursement
- The new health care FSA limit will be $3,050 for 2023, while the dependent care FSA limit remains at $5,000.
For more information regarding Flexible Spending Accounts please click here.
More details on open enrollment changes and offerings can be found at the link below.
Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield
Customer Service 800-499-1275
Customer Service 855-577-6311
Dental and Vision Insurance
Customer Service 800-541-7846
Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
Customer Service 800-842-2252
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
ENI/My Balance Works