At Hobart and William Smith, we offer a variety of employment options for students, including office positions, lab assistant positions and fundraising positions. There are job opportunities for all students, regardless of your eligibility for work study.
Below you will find current available job opportunities listed by department. Clicking on a position title will provide you with a job description, preferred hours, suggested pay rate and application details.
Job Opportunities Available
Center for Community Engagement and Service Learning
Centennial Center for Leadership
CCL Summer Intern (SUMMER 2016)
Finger Lakes Institute
Giant Hogweed Education and Outreach Intern (SUMMER 2016)
Giant Hogweed Control Crew (SUMMER 2016)
HWS Fribolin Farm Intern (SUMMER 2016)
Water Chestnut Strike Team Intern (SUMMER 2016)
Office of the Registrar
Commencement Worker (Spring 2016)
Salisbury Center for Career, Professional and Experiential Education
Career Assistant (Fall 2016)
Student Assistant (Fall 2016)
Sports & Recreation
Bristol Field House Front Desk/Fitness Center Monitor (SUMMER 2016)
Hobart and William Smith Colleges are committed to attracting and supporting faculty and staff that fully represent the racial, ethnic, and cultural diversity of the nation and actively seek applications from under-represented groups. The Colleges do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, age, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression or any other protected status.
- Student Employment FAQs
- International Student Employment FAQs
- Student Timesheet
- Office of Financial Aid
- Student Employment Handbook
- Information on Federal Work Study and HWS Work Study
- Career Services and Professional Development Center (Employment Off Campus, Internships and more information)
If you have problems completing, printing or viewing any of these forms, please contact the Office of Human Resources at ext. 3312.
- Student Job Description and Request Form
- 2015 Student Employment Authorization Form (Use this form for student hires who will work up until 12/31/15)
- 2016 Student Employment Authorization Form (NEW - use this form for student hires who will begin working on or after 1/1/16)