Environmental Health & Safety at HWS
Employees come to work every day and make valuable contributions to the Colleges. As an employee, you have a right to a safe and healthy work environment, and you have a shared responsibility to make that happen.
We all share the responsibility for encouraging a safety culture to improve behavior and performance in the workplace. We all share accountability to encourage our peers to value safe work practices and safety programs in a positive, proactive way. Here’s how you can do it.
Get involved. If you think a job or a task is unsafe, stop the work. If you see something unsafe, report it. Make a commitment today to take an active role in safety. Don’t wait until something happens and an injury takes over your life. You can serve as a good role model to your co-workers for safe work practices and behaviors by:
- Following established health and safety policies and procedures.
- Maintaining your personal work area in a clean and orderly manner.
- Using safe work practices to eliminate slips, trips and falls.
- Knowing evacuation procedures and the location of emergency equipment.
- Providing up to date contact information in PeopleSoft so that you receive emergency alerts from Campus Safety.