This week in photos
Mar. 4 - Mar. 10
- Professor Kevin Dunn teaches “Introduction to International Relations” in Stern Hall on Thursday morning.
- Former U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine Marie Yovanovitch talks with Global Studies students and Associate Professor of Russian Studies Kristen Welsh in the Blackwell Room.
- President Mark D. Gearan introduces former U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine Marie Yovanovitch during a gathering at his home.
- Kicking off the inaugural Anderton Forum for Global Engagement, Associate Professor of International Relations Stacey Philbrick Yadav welcomes the standing-room-only crowd to Marie Yovanovitch’s talk “Lessons From The Edge.”
- President Mark D. Gearan poses questions to Marie Yovanovitch, diplomat and bestselling author, as she reflects on the war in Ukraine.
- During an Admissions Open House, Alex George ’24, Annabel Ramsay ’25, Matt Nusom ’23, Zaheer Bowen ’23 and Jadon Layne ’25 discuss academics and life in Geneva with accepted students on Saturday morning.
- Professor of Art and Architecture Ted Aub discusses his statue of Dr. Elizabeth Blackwell with Finger Lakes Visitors Connection assistant Shelly Gates and Nike Olabisi-Green, the founder of the Nola Movement, who wanted to learn more about Blackwell while visiting the Finger Lakes.
- Giacomo Dalle Molle ’23 (left) receives help from Arabic Teaching Fellow Mohammed Yassin ’25.
- Members of the Outdoor Recreation Adventure Program Alanson Loomis '24, Javier Pacheco '26, Tait Citarella '26, Joe Tate '23, Erin Howe '24 and Abigail Cole '25 take a photo on top of Baxter Mountain in the Adirondacks.
- Students enjoy the Celebration of Cultures Through Space and Time event in the Vandervort Room on Saturday.
- Cultural club leaders Delores Amponsah ’25, Leah Foster ’25, Sharon Lopez ’23 and Katerina Yacoub ’23 discuss their hopes for the future of the Adams Intercultural Center during the Celebration of Cultures event on Saturday.
- Katherine Brown ’23 and Professor of Psychological Science Jaime Bodenlos present their mindfulness research at the Eastern Psychological Association conference in Boston last week.
- During the National Collegiate Emergency Medical Services Foundation conference, HWS EMS members Ashley Aronson ’24, Marlayna DiFante ’24, David Zizzi ’23, Alex Davidson ’24, Lexi Miller ’24, Katie Crandall ’25, Derrielle Faulkner ’25 and Taylor Gauthier ’24 gather for a photo in Boston, Mass.
- During the Finger Lakes Cup Challenge Debate, Kayla Powers ’24 takes on debaters from Cornell, Colgate and the University of Rochester. Powers’ debate partner was Sreyan Kanungo ’23.
- While studying abroad in Galway, John Meskan ‘24 and Griffin Reiner ’24 visit the Cliffs of Moher.
- Sadie Winton ’24 takes a hike while studying abroad in Auckland, New Zealand.
- The Hobart Hockey team lifts the Marion Cup following its 5-1 win over Babson in the New England Hockey Conference Championship game. The Statesmen earned a first round bye in the NCAA tournament and will host a quarterfinal at The Cooler on March 18.
- HWS Equestrian Co-Captain Saoirse Higgins-Corbett ’25 poses with her High Point Rider 1st place ribbon that she received at the competition at Alfred University.