This week in photos
Jan. 28 - Feb. 3
- Students walk to class on Tuesday.
- Fisher Center Predoctoral Fellow Macy McDonald leads a discussion during “Companion Machines.”
- Professor of Mathematics and Computer Science Jonathan Forde teaches a statistics class.
- Students in “Introduction to Meteorology” with Geoscience Postdoctoral Research Associate Caitlin Crossett ’15 launch a weather balloon on the Quad.
- Students gather for a photo after roasting marshmallows at a firepit on the Quad.
- During Winter Wonderland, students enjoy a stop at one of the food trucks on campus.
- Cassidy Piza-Taylor ’23, Grace Bott ’23 and Karina Connolly ’23 warm their hands during the Winter Wonderland festival on campus.
- Tenzin Yonten ’23, Nana Yaa Asante ’23, Peace Kiponda '26 and Kidus Asmare ’23 take a horse drawn carriage-ride.
- Students enjoy music performed by Isabel Huegas '25 and the Moonflower band during the grand reopening of the Bartlett Theatre.
- During a reception, Zhengrui “Mary” Wei ’23 talks about her artwork that is on display in the Provenzano Student Art Gallery. The work of Yijun “Eugene” Cao ’22 also appears in the show.
- Following the release of the video of the death of Tyre Nichols, Hobart Dean Scott Brophy ’78, P’12 hosts a fireside chat with assistant director of Youth Advocate Programs of Wayne County James Schuler and Associate Professor of Sociology James Sutton.
- While visiting campus, former Tampa Bay Buccaneer Ali Marpet ’14 gathers for a photo with staff in Saga.
- Students gather with Interim Director of the Abbe Center for Jewish Life and Hillel Adviser Rabbi Dr. Ann Landowne on Sunday during brunch.
- Fitting in time for relaxation and fun, students paint canvases and drink tea during an event sponsored by the Office of Student Engagement.
- Members of the Outdoor Recreation and Adventure Program gather for a photo while hiking at Letchworth State Park on Saturday.
- NYS Senator Jeremy A. Cooney ’04 presides over the Senate’s legislative session for the first time on Wednesday. An HWS Trustee, Cooney is the first Asian American to preside over the Senate. He was re-elected to represent the 56th District in 2022.
- Maddie Patrick ’25 launches a jumper during William Smith’s game against Skidmore on Tuesday. She finished the contest with a game and career-high 17 points.
- Braeden Wimer ’25 checks a Bearcat while Seamus Schofield ’26 tracks the loose ball during Hobart’s scrimmage against Binghamton in the Poole Family Sports Dome on Saturday.