HWS OneCard Project
Since late 2008, a cross-functional project team has worked to determine the overall cost, benefit, impact and opportunity
of implementing a OneCard system at HWS. This capital project will have a significant impact on key focus areas at the colleges:
- Improved student service delivery
- Improved student security
- Community Engagement
- Increased operational efficiency
- Reduced insitutional risk
With these key focus areas in mind, here is the scope of the current OneCard project:
- Secure Card Access to Residence Halls - Students gain access to residence halls using their ID card rather than keys.
- Off-Campus Purchases - HWS ID cards can be used to make purchases at approved Geneva Retailers.
- Online Access - Individuals can add funds to their ID card instantly and remotely, view transactions, balance inquiries, report stolen card 24/7.
- Vending and Laundry - Student no longer need to scour for change to utilize laundry and vending services.
- Integration - Seamlessly integrates to current housing, financial and print services systems along with other enterprise applications.