Intramural Men's Softball Rules
- All games are 6 innings long.
- If weather becomes inclement, the game is official after 4 innings. The umpire has authority to call a game.
- A coin toss will determine the home/away team before each game.
- Each team has three outs per inning.
- Each team is allowed to have 10 players in the field, including catcher.
- All calls by the umpire, if present, are final and undisputable. Cursing at the umpire is strictly forbidden, as is fighting.
- If a team is leading by more than ten runs any inning after the 4th, then the slaughter rule will be declared. There is no limited amount of runs per inning.
- Due to the close proximity of the bases, there is no stealing or leading allowed.
- All pitchers are underhand and must not reach higher than 10 feet above the ground.
- A pitch is a strike if it lands on the plate or the back extension. There are no walks.
- If you cannot field a team by 10 minutes after the scheduled starting time, your team forfeits the game.
- Winning captains should report scores to the Intramurals Director at X3901 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
SMITH FIELD - Any hit ball that hits the tree in left field is an automatic double. Fair or foul should be judged from where the ball first hits the tree, not where it lands. Any hit ball that enters the trees out in right center is also an automatic double.