GRADUATE FELLOWSHIPS AND SCHOLARSHIPS
International students seeking funding for graduate work in the U.S. is difficult but not impossible. Many graduate programs will consider international students for merit-based assistantships. Additionally, international students can obtain loans to continue their education. The links below feature international scholarship search engines, companies that offer loans and advice for financing an international education.
Financial aid, college scholarship and grant information for international students. Offers scholarship search and grant listings plus international student loan programs.
Wealth of information for international students, offering databases specifically dedicated to scholarships for international students. Also features information about potential scholarships scams.
Information about financing an American education, offering links to scholarships search engine, government grants and other potential sources of scholarships.
Company offering loans for international students.
- Immigration Basics, Definitions and Terms
- Difference Between F-1 and J-1 Status
- F-1 Curricular Practical Training Request Form (PDF)
- Maintaining Department of Homeland Security Status
- Duration of Status for F-1 Students
- Temporary Departure from the U.S.
- Exceptions to a Full Course of Study
- Accepting U.S. Government Assistance or Public Benefits
- Departure Upon Completion of Studies