Involvement Expo: 5-7PM September 5, Quad or Vandervort
Tentative Recruitment Process Dates:
- February 9 - 11:30AM-1:30PM Tabling in Lower Scandling, 6:00PM- Kick off Meet and Greet in ATM lounge
- February 10-11 - 8:00-11:00 Open Houses
- February 12-13 - Closed events 8:00-11:00PM*
- February 14-15 - No official events
*Please Note: You must receive an invitation to these events. Further detailed information will be provided from each organization. All potential new members must attend Anti- Hazing Sessions TBA.
Recruitment Process Dates
Chapter representatives must adhere to these deadlines.
- Monday, February 16 - Submit Potential New Member names for approval.
- Wednesday, February 18 - Approved Bids will be dispersed beginning at noon.
- Friday, February 20, 5 p.m. - Accepted Bids Deadline.
- Potential New Members must bring their accepted bid to Student Activities (2nd floor of Scandling) by 5:00 PM New Member Education will begin shortly after all bids have been returned and verified.
Recruitment Policies & Information
- You must be in good academic and social standing.
- Students must complete 6.5 credits (sophomore standing) before participating in recruitment.
- You must have and maintain a 2.5 CPA to join and live in one of the fraternity houses.
- Fraternity dues and pledging fees vary by organization.
- New member education or "pledging" typically lasts from 6-8 weeks.
- Study hours are often required during the pledging period to ensure academic priorities are satisfied.
Active recognized organizations are:
- Chi Phi - 573 S. Main Street
- Delta Chi - 574 S. Main Street
- Kappa Sigma - 584 S. Main Street
- Kappa Alpha - 600 South Main Street
- Theta Delta Chi - 730 S. Main Street
- Sigma Chi Epsilon- Active Colony status
- Phi Sigma Kappa
Sigma Phi is not recognized by the Colleges.
Inter-Fraternity Council Members:
President -Dennis O’Connell (Kappa Sigma)
Victor Giotto- VP (Chi Phi)
Treasurer –Connor May (Kappa Alpha)
Secretary- Andrew Hopkins (Kappa Sigma)
Drew Needham- Wood-PR/Rush (Chi Phi)
Adviser- Kimberly Kochin