Print Services Clerk
Information Technology Services - Print Services Department
Assists with various Print Services operational duties which could include any of the following:
- Administer the distribution and mailings of all non-USPS packages for faculty, staff, and students.
- Perform related duties on black and white, and color MFD’s (multi-functional devices), and wide format printers. Prepare and expedite all Non-profit Standard mailings, and First class bulk mailings for delivery to the Post Office. Maintain records of all mailings processed by the office.
- Order and maintain inventory of office supplies.
Printing and finishing services:
- Work with software packages like Photoshop, Publisher, In-Design, Powerpoint, and Microsoft Word to print to black and white, and color MFDs (multi-functional devices), as well as wide format printers. May also require consulting with customers on design that will yield the best print results. Graphic Design experience is a plus.
- Operate Xerox Free Flow Server, which controls all of the print queues.
- Work with workflow software to operate, and maintain wide format printers
- Operate and maintain binding machines, cutting machines, standard and wide format laminating machines, and folding machine.
- Complete invoices for all job.
- Update software, operate and maintain addressing/barcoding machine, and metering machine.
- Collate and insert material for standard class, first class bulk, and intra-campus mailings.
- Tray mailings and prepare postage statement forms to be sent with mailings.
- Prepare monthly postage statement of standard class, and first class bulk mailings for department billings and send to Business Office.
Non-USPS related services:
- Receive UPS, FedEx, and DHL packages for faculty, staff and students. Log packages in and out using the EzTrackIt system. Label, and organize packages. Ship out packages for students, faculty, and staff.
- Receive requests from other offices for stationery, envelopes, and paper. Place work order with B&G to have supplies delivered.
- Be able to use PeopleSoft system to create and manage requisitions, and Purchase Orders.
- Enter received items into People Soft, and send corresponding invoices to the Business office to be paid.
- Organize and maintain filing system of vendors, service providers, supply orders, and invoices.
- Maintain inventory of supplies.
- Order supplies from vendors.
- Assist with inputting invoices into Excel spreadsheets to be sent to the business office at the end of each month.
- Review UPS, and Fedex bills, and charge back shipping costs to appropriate departments.
- Assist in the Post Office when needed.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein, and as assigned by the Print Services’ Supervisor.
Supervisor: Print Services Supervisor
High school diploma or the equivalent required. Ability to deal effectively with all customers, including the public, faculty, staff, and students. Good organizational skills. This position requires regular lifting bags of mail or boxes of paper up to 50 lbs.; continual bending and stretching. Previous experience with similar equipment in a related setting highly desirable. Must be able to work additional hours when needed. Must be willing to be cross-trained in the description’s responsibilities.
This is a full-time, 12-month, benefits-eligible administrative hourly position. This position description is not all-inclusive, as other tasks or responsibilities may be assigned.
Review of applications will begin immediately.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter, resume and the names with contact information of at least three references to:
Office of Human Resources
Hobart and William Smith Colleges
337 Pulteney Street
Geneva, NY 14456
Hobart and William Smith Colleges are committed to attracting and supporting faculty and staff that fully represent the racial, ethnic, and cultural diversity of the nation and actively seek applications from under-represented groups. The Colleges do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, age, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression or any other protected status.
Hobart and William Smith Colleges are a highly selective residential liberal arts institution located in a small, diverse city in the Finger Lakes region of New York State. With an enrollment of approximately 2,200, the Colleges offer 62 majors and minors from which students choose two areas of concentration, one of which must be an interdisciplinary program. Creative and extensive programs of international study and public service are also at the core of the Colleges’ mission.