At Hobart and William Smith, we offer a variety of employment options for students, including office positions, lab assistant positions and fundraising positions. There are job opportunities for all students, regardless of your eligibility for work study.
Below you will find current available job opportunities listed by department. Clicking on a position title will provide you with a job description, preferred hours, suggested pay rate and application details.
Job Opportunities Available
Sodexo Dining Services
Catering Server / Wait Staff (Spring 2016)
Student Workers - Kitchen (Spring 2016)
Saga Dining Hall Bakery Help (Spring 2016)
Saga Dining Hall Cooks' Help (Spring 2016)
Saga Dining Hall Busser (Spring 2016)
Saga Dining Hall Garden Toss Helper (Spring 2016)
Assistant Greeter, Saga Main Desk (Spring 2016)
Center for Community Engagement and Service Learning
Finger Lakes Institute
Regional Food System Research Intern (Spring 2016)
Research Assistant (Spring 2016)
Hobart and William Smith Colleges are committed to attracting and supporting faculty and staff that fully represent the racial, ethnic, and cultural diversity of the nation and actively seek applications from under-represented groups. The Colleges do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, age, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression or any other protected status.
- Student Employment FAQs
- International Student Employment FAQs
- Student Timesheet
- Office of Financial Aid
- Student Employment Handbook
- Information on Federal Work Study and HWS Work Study
- Career Services and Professional Development Center (Employment Off Campus, Internships and more information)
If you have problems completing, printing or viewing any of these forms, please contact the Office of Human Resources at ext. 3312.
- Student Job Description and Request Form
- 2015 Student Employment Authorization Form (Use this form for student hires who will work up until 12/31/15)
- 2016 Student Employment Authorization Form (NEW - use this form for student hires who will begin working on or after 1/1/16)