2017 Kids College Session and Dates
The camp is for boys and girls who are entering grades 3-8.
Price: $250 per week; payment must be made prior to attendance
July 10 - 14, 2017
During this exciting week, students will design and create their own artwork while also examining the world with pencil & sketch book in hand. Art week students will travel around the beautiful campus at Hobart and William Smith to sketch still life and landscapes. Students will create their own masterpieces with the guidance of teacher and artist Jon George. Action during Art Week will mainly be at the Katherine D. Elliot Studio Arts Center.
Art Week - Jon George
Jon George is back for another summer of leading Art Week! Jon, a life-long Geneva resident, is a 1981 graduate of Nazareth College and taught for the Geneva City School District for over 30 years! In addition, Jon is a free-lance artist and avid runner. Jon has completed 19 marathons. He has also taken glass blowing classes through the Corning Museum of Glass.
Facilities Used for Kids College
- Kids College utilizes the facilities and resources of the Colleges to provide children with an opportunity to have weeks full of academic activity and fun in a safe and friendly environment.
- During Art Week, Kids College will meet at the Katherine D. Elliot Studio Arts Center. The building is located near the Houghton House on campus.
- The Scandling Campus Center will provide a daily buffet-style lunch.
- Transportation to field trips will be provided by certified drivers in the HWS Van Fleet and contracted commercial bus drivers.
- The students will swim at Bristol Pool daily under the supervision of Red Cross certified lifeguards.
- Office location: 678 South Main Street
For information regarding the overnight and day camps, please contact:
Conferences & Events
Hobart and William Smith Colleges
Mailing address: 300 Pulteney Street
Office address: Harris House
678 South Main Street
Geneva, NY 14456
Phone: (315) 781-3103
Fax: (315) 781-4325