MAY 29 - JUNE 11 | 2022
The Hobart and William Smith Colleges Composer's Sandbox Summer Intensive is an opportunity for composers in the early stages of their career to study with a renowned faculty of composers. Students selected for the program will have the opportunity to work with musicians from the acclaimed Society for New Music. The two-week-long Intensive will culminate in a performance and recording of their work by the acclaimed Society for New Music All Stars.
Submission Deadline: May 1, 2022 (midnight EST)
All submissions will be contacted by May 8 with a decision and information for further steps.
Tuition: $1,500 - includes room and board.
- Daily meetings with composition faculty to discuss works in progress.
- Faculty led group composition seminars to facilitate discussion of student works and provide evaluative and critical feedback.
- Improvisation Workshops.
- 48-hour composition challenge.
- Composition seminars to look at seminal works and works by historically disenfranchised/marginalized composers—particularly focusing on compositions germane to the works of student composers.
- Orchestration seminars.
- A seminar on entrepreneurship: building marketing skills as a composer.
LODGING AND MEALS
Lodging (5/29/22 - 6/11/22)
Bampton House, 720 South Main Street, Geneva N.Y.
Bed linens included, towels on request
Early check-in (5/28) or late checkout (6/12) can be accommodated - please include this request on your registration form.
Meals (5/29/22 - 6/11/22)
Breakfast, lunch, and dinner daily in the Scandling Center on Pulteney Street.