72% of Faculty at HWS used Canvas during the Spring 2015 semester
"…I like how easy it is to access things like course documents. I also like how it cuts down on wasted paper as I can find and read most assignments or readings online."
– HWS Biology Student
Quick Resources and Information
Resources on Canvas Course Design
The Digital Learning Team has created a Canvas course site to provide information on designing your Canvas course to best fit your goals. Some of the many resources to be found within this course are:
- Checklists for preparing your course
- Tips for best practices
- Examples of Canvas courses, many from HWS faculty
- Integrating library resources into your Canvas course
Faculty and staff are encouraged to set up an appointment with the Digital Learning Center to explore Canvas one-on-one. Sessions will be tailored to address particular goals and needs. Contact the Digital Learning Team at 781-4420 or by using the service request form to schedule your session. Please give at least one business day notice for appointment requests.
Canvas Office Hours
Canvas Office Hours at the Digital Learning Center (1st Floor Library Learning Commons) are offered all year, including summer and winter break.
- Mondays: 11-12:30, 2:30-3:30
- Tuesdays: 9:30-10:30, 12:30-2, 2-3, 3:30-4:30
- Wednesdays: 10-11, 1:30-2:30, 4-5
- Thursdays: 10-11, 2-3, 3:30-4:30
- Fridays: 10:30-11:30, 1-2, 2-3