George E. Wasey was an accomplished businessman, churchman, and participant in the life of Hobart College. From 1934 to 1956, he was vice-president of the New York advertising firm of Erwin, Wasey, and Company, which he owned with his uncle, Louis Wasey '06. From 1956 to 1961, he was chairman and president of the Barbasol Company in Indianapolis, Indiana, and later he founded Creative Paints, Inc. An active and devoted alumnus, he was appointed as a trustee of Hobart and William Smith Colleges in 1957 and served until 1967, when he became an honorary trustee; over the years he also served on the Alumni Council and Alumni Fund Committee. After moving to Sarasota, Florida, he became a member of the board of Sarasota Memorial Hospital, director of the Sarasota National Bank, and member of the vestry of St. Boniface Episcopal Church. He died on January 7, 1991.