Hobart and William Smith welcome applications from qualified students who wish to transfer from two- or four-year institutions, students may be admitted at the beginning of either semester. HWS accepts a maximum of two years of college-level work (up to 16 three-credit-hour courses) from other undergraduate institutions.

Only courses in which a student has earned a C or better, or its equivalent, are considered for transfer credit. Transfer credits are used to determine placement in the curriculum and to exempt students from curriculum requirements.

Students who have completed an associate’s degree may enter with junior standing. However, depending on intended major and previous program of study, it may not be possible to complete a bachelor's degree in two years.

Transfer students must spend a minimum of two years in residence at the Colleges.

Transfer students may contact Rebecca Arnold (315) 781-3868 with any questions.


July 15

  • Applications due for Fall Semester admittance

November 1

  • Applications due for Spring Semester admittance