Competitive international scholarship applicants will be individually contacted by a member of the Office of Admissions to set up an interview.


  • The Phi Theta Kappa Trustee Scholarship for Academic Excellence for Graduates of Two-Year Colleges
    This $25,000 scholarship is awarded to members of Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society. The student must show proof of PTK membership, have completed (or be near completion of) an associate degree, and have a cumulative transfer GPA of 3.5 or better (cumulative GPA from all institutions combined).

  • Finger Lakes Transfer Scholarship
    This $17,000 scholarship is awarded to transfer students who have completed (or be near completion of) an associate degree from any of the following designated community colleges in the Finger Lakes region: Broome Community College, Cayuga Community College, Corning Community College, Finger Lakes Community College, Monroe Community College, Onondaga Community College, Tompkins Cortland Community College.

  • Transfer Faculty Scholarship
    This $17,000 scholarship is awarded to select transfer students who have demonstrated outstanding academic performance in their previous college studies. Recipients are selected by the Admissions Committee.

  • Transfer Presidential Awards are awarded to students with strong academic records, sustained leadership credentials, significant involvement in civic engagement activities or demonstrated commitment to global citizenship. Recipients are selected by the Admissions Committee; no separate application is necessary. Awards are $15,000 annually.


Hobart and William Smith isn't the only organization giving away free money! We encourage students to seek outside scholarships, and there are lots of places that offer them, like local rotary club, businesses and churches. Your high school guidance counselor should be able to help you find information on scholarships for which you may qualify.

Another resource for scholarship searches is the Internet. We find the following links particularly useful:

  1. Fastweb-free scholarship search
  2. The Financial Aid Information Page
  3. Wired Scholar/CASHE
  5. HESC
  6. CollegeBoard
  7. Zinch

Please remember, you are required to report any outside scholarship awards to the Office of Financial Aid Services, as the total amount of your financial aid awards, when added to your outside scholarships, cannot exceed your total cost of attendance.