American Cancer Society: Daffodil Days Program
"The American Cancer Society addresses the issue of the
prevalence of cancer in everyone's lives across the country. I
hope that the report that I intend to create will serve as a great
resource for the future volunteers/interns for the Daffodil Days
program in the Geneva and HWS communities. I believe that
my experience paired with my research will be able to be combined
in a successful report which will make some useful and
- Jacquelyn Sands, William Smith '09
Political Science Major
Double Minor in Religious Studies and American Studies
What are your goals for the project? What do you hope to accomplish?
- Successfully carry out the Daffodil Days program with the HWS parents.
- Exceed the typical number of parental orders received.
- Establish a great deal of new community contacts by personally visiting and following up with local business owners.
- Compile experience and subsequent research in a report that can be used in the future (including observations and recommendations for future practice).
What do you hope to learn from this project?
I hope to be able to learn a great deal about writing the report I imagine creating in an academic format - I would like to compile my experience and research to make suggestions for the future of this project, and would like to have the learning experience of presenting this in a semi-formal setting.
- Cecilia Teye-Ampomah - Campus Child Care Initiative
- Leslie Hopke - Phelps Community Center Senior Citizen Program Study
- Christina Kinnevey - Success for Geneva's Children 2009 Data Booklet
- Emma Daley - Success for Geneva's Children 2009 Data Booklet
- Jacquelyn Sands - American Cancer Society: Daffodil Days Program
- Austin Kana - Green Building Assessment for the City of Geneva
- Sarah Holland - Green Space: Inventory and Proposal in the City of Geneva
- Kayla Shoemaker - Lakefront and Downtown Development
- Casey Marshall - Kindergarten Literacy Initiative Project
- Susan Kridler - Encouraging Bicycling in the City of Geneva, NY