Family Engagement and High School Graduation Rates
Student Researcher: Paul Marshall, H’11
Community Partner: Patricia L D'Amico, Director of Ontario County Youth Bureau
Faculty Advisor: Professor Laurence Erussard
The researcher examined high school graduation and dropout rates. This is a serious issue within the U.S. public school system with far reaching implications. The research entails a breakdown of the reasons why students drop out of high school, the resources leveraged to improve graduation rates, and more specifically how family engagement strategies help children achieve and succeed.
- Database Development for the Ovid Food Pantry
- Elementary Education: What Really Matters
- Beyond Sport—Sportsmanship: A Story of Community, Companionship and Charity
- Cultivating the Revitalization of Downtown Geneva
- Juveniles and Justice in Geneva
- Empowerment and Promotion, Documenting the Geneva Boys & Girls Club
- Feasibility Study for an Egg Cooperative in Geneva
- Social Media, HWS students, and Boost!
- Are HWS Students Prepared for a Life of Engaged Citizenship?
- What is a Walking School Bus?
- Recycling in Seneca County
- Success for Geneva’s Children – 2011 Data Report
- After-School Programs: an Analysis of Best Practices and Program Recommendations
- Family Engagement and High Sbchool Graduation Rates
- Swimming on Seneca Lake – Where’s the Beach?
- Building Upon Best Practices of Upstate New York Literacy Coalitions for the Benefit of Geneva Reads
- Geneva Girls on the Go - Beth O'Connor '12, Lauren Morosky '12, Jessica Cook '10
- Lyons Community Center Programming Research - Francesca Antonucci '10
- Building Bridges in Geneva - Hillary Anderson '10
- Satisfaction of Subsidized Housing - Molly Lieberman
- The Economic and Civic Impact of Hobart and William Smith Colleges on Geneva - Ross Hicks '11
- Consulting for R.E.A.L Using sociology to enhance the Yates County Family Planning Services Program - Fredrick Turney '10
- Gender, Socialization, and Service Patterns in College Students - Kathyrn Giese
- Local Produce Food Co-op - Alex Hallowell '10
- Cecilia Teye-Ampomah - Campus Child Care Initiative
- Leslie Hopke - Phelps Community Center Senior Citizen Program Study
- Christina Kinnevey - Success for Geneva's Children 2009 Data Booklet
- Emma Daley - Success for Geneva's Children 2009 Data Booklet
- Jacquelyn Sands - American Cancer Society: Daffodil Days Program