As ideas develop and startups emerge, it’s critical to get help from mentors and subject matter experts. Over time, this builds into your own personal mentor and advisor network; your inner circle of those that will guide you on your entrepreneurial journey. Learning from the successes and failures of those before proves to be invaluable learning.
The HWS MentorConnect program begins the development of your own personal mentor network by matching students with for-profit or non-profit entrepreneurial ideas with Alums having associated subject matter and/or domain expertise. Once matched by the Centennial Center staff, students can expect a 4-week mentor engagement that will provide detailed learning around the idea topic, the related ecosystem, and potential business models.
How HWS MentorConnect Works
- Submit your application by the due date
- If accepted, you will be matched with an HWS alum mentor or subject matter expert
- Meet with Centennial Center staff to establish goals for the program
- Engage with your mentor, arrange your meeting schedule, and get started!
Expected Outcomes for You
- Improve and advance your entrepreneurial idea through a 4-week engagement
- Gain real-world knowledge on specific subjects from those that have done it
- Topics of learning can be around the subject itself, it’s related ecosystem, customers, potential business models, or much much more.
2019 Program Duration
April 1 - April 26
March 15 at Noon
Questions? Contact The Centennial Center Team:
603 South Main Street
Geneva, NY 14456
Phone: (315) 781-4550