All documentation regarding disability related academic, housing and or meal plan requests should be uploaded and emailed to email@example.com.
Application deadlines for disability related housing and/or meal plan requests are as follows:
For Fall Semester: February 15
For Spring Semester: November 15
Incoming New Students: July 1
Mission of Disability Services
Hobart and William Smith Colleges cultivates an inclusive and supporting learning community that values the diverse learning styles of our students. The Office of Disability Services in the Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL) is committed to providing students with disabilities access to HWS programs and activities. We strive to provide the appropriate individualized accommodations necessary for students with disabilities to succeed.
The Office of Disability Services seeks to promote academic achievement, extracurricular involvement, and help students with disabilities take full advantage of the academic and extracurricular opportunities available at HWS. The Coordinator of Disability Services works independently and in cooperation with other administrative offices and academic departments to:
- Identify and implement individualized accommodations while fostering the academic and personal development of students;
- Ensure the appropriateness of disability-related accommodations in specific courses;
- Assist HWS and establishing policies, procedures, and facilities that are in compliance with state and federal disability laws.
Working with the Coordinator of Disability Services
Each semester students must formally request accommodations by meeting with the coordinator of disability services to determine appropriate accommodations for the semester. The coordinator reviews documentation materials to determine eligibility, evaluates requested accommodations, and negotiates with students based on their individualized accommodation plans for each semester.
The coordinator also meets individually with new students to discuss procedures and issues connected to a new learning environment, and helps them navigate a new academic culture. In addition, the coordinator is available to help students develop skills and to access the wide range of support services available at the CTL.
On this page you will find contact information, an overview of accommodations and disability services at HWS, and necessary policies and procedures, guidelines, and forms.
The Center for Teaching and Learning
Phone: (315) 781-3351
Fax: (315) 781-3862
Policies and Procedures
- Animal Agreement Form
- Animal Registration Form
- Assistance Animal Request Verification Form
- Disability Related Testing Accommodations and Alternative Testing Procedures
- Housing Accomodation Policy & Form
- Meal Plan Accommodation Policy & Form
- Policy for Student Use of Animals on Campus
- Student Assistance Animal Agreement
- Guidelines for Documenting ADHD
- Guidelines for Documenting Learning Disabilities
- Guidelines for Documenting Physical Disabilities or Physical Conditions Requiring Accommodation
- Guidelines for Documenting Psychological Disabilities or Psychological Conditions Requiring Accommodation
- Guidelines for Maintaining an Approved Service or Emotional Support Animals