Intramural Indoor Soccer Rules
Traditional soccer rules apply with the following exceptions:
- 6 v. 6 including keepers
- No off-sides
- Kick Off is indirect
- If the ball hits the ceiling (or any other structures inside the field house), an Indirect Free Kick placed at the kick off spot is awarded to the other team.
- No Slide Tackling
- Slide Tackle (if not a foul) = Indirect Free Kick
- Slide Tackle (if foul) = Direct Free Kick, PK if in final 1/4 of field
- No punts/drop kicks. If violated, result is indirect free kick from half field line
- Goalie Throw/Goal Kicks must land or be touched before crossing the 3/4 line. If violated, result is indirect free kick from kicking team's 1/4 line.
- Corner: Defenders no closer than the edge of the goal box.
- Free Kicks/PKs: Foul in final 1/4 of the field = "PK" from determined spot (12 yards)
- Kick-ins: Indirect, no bounds
- Substitutions: On the fly
- Time Keeping: Exact 25 minute halves (no waiting for play to become neutral, whistle is blown when time = 0)