Intramural Ice Hockey Rules
Team play will consist of mini round robins, with a guarantee of five games. Each team will play each other once. The top four teams make the playoffs.
- Late players cannot enter the contest until the beginning of the next period.
- Teams consist of 6 players.
- A minimum of 5 players is needed to begin a game.
- Only one non player/coach is allowed in the box.
Teams must provide all their own equipment.
Duration of Games
- The game will consist of three 10 minute periods. The clock will be stopped during the last two minutes of the last period.
- Teams get 2 (two) 1-minute timeouts for the game.
- There will be no overtime for regular season games.
- Teams will be given a ten minute grace period if they are not ready to play. If one of the teams is late, they will start the game down 1-0 and 3 (three) minutes will be taken of the game clock.
- There will be a three minute break between periods where teams will change sides.
Overtime (Playoffs Only!)
- In the event of a tie, there will be a 5-minute, sudden death overtime.
- If the game is still tied, 3 penalty shots will be taken in alternate turns.
- During the shootout, teams must use the same goalie and players on the ice that finished the overtime.
- If the score is still tied after the 3 rounds, the team that scores the first unanswered goal wins.
All USA Hockey rules will be enforced. Checking will be allowed on a limited basis. If games start to get out of hand, then this will become a non-check league. Also, there will be no checking against women if women are on a team. Please be respectful.