Intramural Co-ed Soccer Rules
- Games will be played 6 on 6 (this can be modified depending upon the number of players present and both captain’s decisions). Since this is a co-rec league, there must be at least two of each gender on the field at all times. The team can consist solely of women, but an all-male team is not allowed.
- There will be two - 25 minute halves (running time).
- No slide tackling permitted.
- Fighting is PROHIBITED. Any action that is not soccer involved will be reported to the Dean's and the proper steps will be taken.
- Throw-ins are optional. If the ball went out on the end line, the normal rules of corner kick/goal kick should be applied.
- Other than the rules stated above, normal soccer rules should be followed. In the event of a tie at the end of regulation, it is the choice of the captains as to whether they want to continue playing or go to a shootout. In the Championship, there will be two overtimes played until a shootout occurs.
- For indoor games, the decision to use goalies will be decided before the contest begins. Small goals can be used without goalies and larger goals can be used with goalies. A goalie box can be added when goalies are used.
- The referee will provide the game ball. The ruling of the referee is final. The referee reserves the right to eject any player from the game.