Intramural Basketball Rules - 5 Player Game
- Each game will consist of two 20 minute halves with running time. During the last minute of each half, the clock will be stopped on dead balls.
- There is no overtime play.
- Each team receives a single 1-minute time out per half.
- Time will only be stopped for injury or as deemed necessary by the present official.
- College basketball rules apply except as stated on this sheet.
- A team shall receive 2 points for all baskets made except from beyond the designated three point line. In case of contestation, the official will determine where the shot was taken from.
- ZONE DEFENSES are allowed.
- One conduct technical foul (i.e. unsportsmanlike behavior, taunting of any type, etc.) results in an automatic disqualification of that player and removal from the gym. Failure to leave the gym in one minute will result in a forfeit for the disqualified player's team. Any foul with malicious intent is a flagrant foul and the offensive team receives 2 points or 3 points on a 3 point shot. Ejection of the player is determined by supervisor.
- Foul Rules:
- If fouled while shooting, the fouled player receives two free throws. If the shooter made the basket despite the foul, he or she is entitled to only one free throw.
- If fouled while not shooting, the fouled player receives possession of the ball.
- While there is a 10 second backcourt violation, no 3 second or 5 second violations will be called.
- A 30 second shot clock will be in effect the last three minutes of the game, as determined by the supervisor.
- In the event of a tie, overtime will be 3 minutes long. A 30 sec. shot clock will be in effect during the three minute overtime, as determined by the supervisor.