Co-Curricular Transcript

What is a Co-Curricular Transcript?

Keep track of your involvement on campus through the Co-Curricular Transcript (CCT). The CCT is a companion tool to the academic transcript. You can utilize this tool to record achievements and activities over the course of your time at the Colleges. It is an ideal way for you to track your involvement in order to create a resume, apply for jobs, or apply for post graduate studies beyond Hobart and William Smith Colleges.

Whenever you are involved on campus, recognized through an award, or participate in a paraprofessional experience, be sure to enter your involvement on your CCT. The CCT will become a footprint of your time outside the classroom at HWS. The transferable skills gained from these leadership experiences will serve you well as you prepare for a successful future.

Why would I want a Co-Curricular Transcript?

Your Co-Curricular Transcript will complement your resume and academic transcript, which are submitted to graduate schools and prospective employers. The Co-Curricular Transcript will also help you develop personal contacts with professional staff from various areas on campus who will assist you in choosing areas of involvement that meet your personal and professional goals.

What types of activities should be submitted?

  • Honors/Awards/Recognition: Recognizes participation in a college community organization as well as formal recognition for consistent above average performance.
  • Leadership/Activities: Acknowledges a position of leadership or participation in a Hobart and William Smith organization that provides direction and guidance to the community.
  • Paraprofessional: Encompasses areas that enhance professional development. Includes work experience as well as educational programs.

Frequently Asked Questions

May the same entry be submitted if I continue participation in a group or hold the same position for multiple semesters or years?

Yes. Entries should be submitted on a semester or yearly basis. If your participation continues in the same group or position for multiple semesters or years, this will appear on your transcript.

When will my Co-Curricular Transcript be completed and reproduced?

Generally, the transcript will be available the semester prior to graduation. If a copy is needed at an earlier date, a request may be submitted at any time.

Where can I get a printed Co-Curricular Transcript?

Transcripts will be printed in the Office of Residential Education.

Should personal copies of the transcript be made?

No. Your official Co-Curricular Transcript will be printed and authorized by the Colleges in a fashion similar to your academic transcript.

How are transcripts ordered?

Requests for official Co-Curricular Transcripts should be submitted to the Office of Residential Education when students are applying to professional positions, graduate schools, etc.

When should entries be submitted?

The online entry form should be updated either at the completion of an activity or by mid-April of the academic year. Visit the CCT and log in using your HWS username and password.

Your transcript will be more complete and accurate if entries are submitted at the completion of each activity. Don't wait until the end of your enrollment to begin this process!

Preparing Students to Lead Lives of Consequence.