Miller House is home to 42 William Smith students. It houses upper-class level women in single and double bedrooms and first-year women in double and triple rooms. All of the rooms are equipped with full telephone, cable, and computer/Internet access.
The house has a kitchen, a bathroom on each floor, vending machines and laundry facilities. The Women’s Collective Community is also located in the basement.
Miller was built in 1911 when Blackwell House reached its capacity and William Smith College needed an additional building to house its increasing number of students. The house was designed by Arthur Nash, who also designed Smith and Williams Halls. William Smith, the founder of the College, laid the cornerstone of this building.
The house was named for Mrs. Elizabeth Smith Miller, a friend of Mr. William Smith and a pioneer abolitionist and suffragist. Mrs. Miller was influential in the decision to create a coordinate women’s college.
Room dimensions: 14’1”x 12’5” to 15’ x 10’
Bedroom floor color: Hardwood floor or brown tile
Window treatment: Pull-down shades (white)
Bed style: Standard twin (39” x 75”) loftable units. Students over 6’3” tall may request extra-long beds.