McCormick House houses 34 William Smith students. First-year women are housed in double and triple bedrooms, while upper-class women live in single, double and triple bedrooms. All of the rooms are equipped with full telephone, cable, and computer/Internet access.
In 2004, McCormick house underwent renovations that included upgrading the bathrooms and the stairwells of the house. The house has a lounge, a kitchen, three bathrooms, vending machines, laundry facilities and a TV lounge.
McCormick House was built in 1806 by Major Rees, an early landowner and settler of Geneva and acquaintance of General George Washington. The original structure was expanded in 1853.
The home was part of the Endicott Estate, acquired by the Colleges in 1941. This acquisition extended the campus from St. Clair Street to Hamilton Street. The house was renamed for Mary McCormick Scott Craig, the sixth dean of William Smith College (1936-1944).
Room dimensions: 12’x14’ to 14’x19’
Bedroom floor color:Hardwood floor or brown tile
Window treatment: Pull-down shades (white)
Bed style: Standard twin (39” x 75”) loftable units. Students over 6’3” tall may request extra-long beds.