At Hobart and William Smith, life on campus is shaped and reshaped by students' wide-ranging interests. Whether it's joining a club, crafting an individual major or going for a swim in Seneca Lake, there's no shortage of ways to get involved on campus. Here, you'll discover many ways to pursue both untried and longstanding passions.
On any given day, HWS students:
- Attend forums with national and international journalists, politicians, authors, scientists, athletes and academics.
- Investigate career options through dozens of Professionals in Residence events happening every semester.
- Get involved in more than 90 clubs on everything from public affairs to ultimate Frisbee. Don’t see something that catches your attention? We’ll help you start your own club.
- Participate on 23 varsity teams, dozens of intramural sports, or head out to our athletic facilities to cheer on their friends.
- Take advantage of residence halls that are single-gender or co-ed, or one where residents share an interest in a similar theme or cause. Some of the residence halls are in historic buildings while others are new and nationally recognized for their impact on student life.
In short – HWS provides an endless array of options for exploration. The ones you choose are entirely up to you.
Hobart and William Smith offer a variety of resources to help students make the most of college—from top-notch health care to delicious dining options.
If you can’t find what you’re looking for on the left side of this screen, check out some of these other student services: