Education and Training
- University at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY
Ph.D. in Counseling Psychology (APA-Accredited) (2007)
- State University of New York College at Brockport, Brockport, NY
B.S. in Psychology and Health Science (2001)
- New York State Licensure, Psychology (018065-1)
- Assistant Director, Center for Counseling and Student Wellness, Hobart and William Smith Colleges (2008 – Present)
- Private Practice, Sole Proprietor, (2010-2012).
- Postdoctoral Fellow, University Counseling Center, University of Rochester (2007 - 2008)
- Pre-doctoral Intern, Counseling Services, Kansas State University (APA-Accredited) (2006 - 2007)
- Psychometrician in Neuropsychology, Erie County Medical Center and Buffalo General Hospital, Department of Neurology - University at Buffalo, (2005-2006)
Professional Membership and Service
- American Psychological Association
- APA – Division 19 Military Psychology
- APA – Division 33 Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
- APA – Division 42 Psychologists in Independent Practice
- Society for Disability Studies
- Rochester Area Group Psychotherapy Society
- Certified Empowerment Facilitator, Personal Empowerment Program, (2011-2012).
- Instructor, Common Grounds, Hobart and William Smith Colleges, (2008).
- Instructor, Clinical Seminar for Counseling Trainees, University of Rochester, (2008).
- Instructor, Life Skills for Student-Athletes, Kansas State University, (2007).
- Instructor, Career and Life Planning, Kansas State University, (2006).
- Instructor, Performance Enhancement for Athletes, Kansas State University, (2006).
VanLone, J., Barile, B, Newson, T., Siembor, M., & Wraight-Steinmetz, M. (January, 2013). Personal
Empowerment: An innovative program for at risk students. Presented at Branching Out Beyond Our Boundaries Conference. Hobart and William Smith Colleges. Geneva, NY.
Wraight-Steinmetz, M., Siembor, M., & Lear, S. (January, 2013). Mental Health Trends in Higher
Education. Presented at Branching Out Beyond Our Boundaries Conference. Hobart and William Smith Colleges.
Wraight-Steinmetz, M. & Mistler, B. J. (June, 2011). Providing neuro-inclusive services: Competencies for
working ambiguously with disability and neurodiverse college students. Paper presented at the 29th Annual Counseling Centers of New York Conference, Ithaca, NY.
Mistler, B. & Wraight-Steinmetz, M. (March, 2011). Neurodiversity as a multicultural competency for
clinicians and student-affairs professionals. Paper presented at the 2011 American College Personnel Association’s (ACPA) Convention. Baltimore, MD.
Mistler, B. J. & Wraight-Steinmetz, M (March, 2011). Neuro-inclusive student affairs cultures in
higher education. Paper presented at the Annual Meeting of the National Association of Student Personnel Administrators (NASPA). Philadelphia, PA.
VanLone, J., Singh, S., Wraight-Steinmetz, M., & Mistler, B. J. (June, 2010). Building effective group
programs on small campuses. Presented at 28th Annual Counseling Centers of NY Conference, Oneonta.
Wraight-Steinmetz, M. & Mistler, B. J. (June, 2010). Training for conflict resolution on a college
campus. Paper presented at 28th Annual Counseling Centers of NY Conference, Oneonta, NY.
Wraight, M. (March, 2007). Disability Awareness Exhibition: Panel discussion. Presented at the 1st
Annual Disability Awareness Week. Kansas State University. Manhattan, KS.
Hudecki, M., Pilkey, T., Roehn, S., Salem, C., Savino, M., & Wraight, M. (April, 2006). Leaders with
Disabilities: Panel. Presented at the Life and Leadership Workshop Program. University at Buffalo.
Goodgain, T., Heflin, M., Holohan-Moyer, I., & Wraight, M. (February, 2005). Uniting across
campuses…advisors networking for student success: Advising student-athletes. Presented at the Undergraduate Advisement Council 2005 Conference. Buffalo, NY.
Herzstein, M., Share, T., & Wraight, M. (June, 2003). Athletes and counseling. Presented at the Twenty-
first Annual Conference of the Counseling Centers of New York State. Colgate University. Hamilton, NY.