Fraternity Recruitment Spring 2016
Tentative Recruitment Process Dates:
- February 8 - Recruitment Kick off 7:00 p.m. in the Sanford Room- Come get to know brothers from each organization. Light Refreshments will be served.
- February 9 - 8-11 p.m. Open Houses
- February 10 - 8-11 p.m. Open Houses
- February 11 - Closed events 8:00-11:00 p.m.*
- February 12 - Closed events 8:00-11:00 p.m.*
- February 13-14 - No official events
More details to come...
*Please Note: You must receive an invitation to these events. Further detailed information will be provided from each organization.
Recruitment Process Dates
Chapter representatives must adhere to these deadlines.
- Monday, February 15 - Submit Potential New Member names for approval.
- Wednesday, February 17 - Approved Bids will be dispersed beginning at noon.
- Friday, February 19, 5 p.m. - Accepted Bids Deadline.
- Potential New Members must bring their accepted bid to Student Activities (2nd floor of Scandling) by 5:00 p.m. New Member Education will begin shortly after all bids have been returned and verified.
Recruitment Policies & Information
- You must be in good academic and social standing.
- Students must complete 6.5 credits (sophomore standing) before participating in recruitment.
- You must have and maintain a 2.5 CPA to join and live in one of the fraternity houses.
- Fraternity dues and pledging fees vary by organization.
- New member education or "pledging" typically lasts from 6-8 weeks.
- Study hours are often required during the pledging period to ensure academic priorities are satisfied.
Active recognized organizations are:
- Chi Phi - 573 S. Main Street
- Delta Chi - 574 S. Main Street
- Kappa Sigma - 584 S. Main Street
- Kappa Alpha - 600 South Main Street
- Phi Sigma Kappa - Active (no official campus house at this time)
- Theta Delta Chi - 123 Hamilton Street
- Sigma Chi Epilson - 583 South Main (Active Colony status)
Sigma Phi is not recognized by the Colleges.
Inter-Fraternity Council Members:
President - Ian Martinson (Kappa Alpha)
Vice President - Noland Michels (Chi Phi)
Treasurer – Matt Generelli (Kappa Alpha)
Secretary – Trevor Berninger (Phi Sigma Kappa)
PR/Rush – Charles Moore- Gillon (Kappa Sigma)
IFC/Fraternity Adviser - Kimberly Kochin