- Reading Period: March 1st through May 1st.
- Recommended submission: 3-5 poems or essays up to 20 pages.
- Only one submission per reading period, please.
- Manuscripts can be submitted by mail or electronically through Submittable.
- We do not publish fiction.
- Please include a self-address stamped envelope (SASE).
- Manuscripts postmarked outside of our reading period will be returned unread.
- Editors typically respond within 6 to 9 months, sooner if we can.
- Accepted authors receive two complimentary copies of their issue and a two-year subscription to Seneca Review.
- Copyright is held by Hobart and William Smith Colleges until publication, at which time rights revert to the author.
Our mailing address is:
Hobart and William Smith Colleges
300 Pulteney St.
Geneva, NY 14456
Seneca Review's general submission period runs from March 1st through May 1st.
You may submit poems and essays electronically through Submittable.
Sign up for our updates, announcements, and calls for submissions!