Technology Support Specialist: Support Center
Information Technology Services
Under the direction of the Operations and Technical Support Leader, provides technical support to students, faculty, staff and other constituents of the Colleges. This person serves as the face of IT Services to the constituents of the Colleges, providing the first point of contact to the IT Services Support Center via the Help Desk.
- Serve as initial point of contact for all calls coming into the IT Services Support Center Help Desk.
- Receive requests, via the Support Center process, for assistance in resolving IT-related issues and resolves and/or escalates to the appropriate workgroup.
- Maintain records of the Support Center using TrackIT Management system by logging all service requests and following them through to completion via the Standard Operating Procedure.
- Assist with the analysis of trends, evaluates effectiveness of policies and procedures for problem resolution and provides operation recommendations.
- Maintain current inventory records of hardware, software and related components.
- Comply with and executes the vendor warranty/maintenance program. This includes the ordering and installation of repair parts under warranty.
- Coordinate the fee-for-service support provided to students by maintaining a current list of services and prices.
- Install and configure new software and hardware for faculty, staff and students. Troubleshoot and repair or recommend fix for broken hardware or software.
- Order all warranty and non-warranty repair parts in support of the Operations and Technical Support team.
- Specialist is responsible for training and supervising student staff and serving as a mentor for student employees.
- Maintain an awareness of new products, technologies, trends and advances in the profession.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in related field plus 2 years related experience, or the equivalent combination of experience, education and training.
- A+ Certification strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of TrackIT and PeopleSoft IT Help Desk strongly preferred.
- Must be able to perform repairs of hardware, install software and troubleshoot IT-related issues.
- Must work well under pressure and have excellent customer service skills, including the ability to communicate technical processes to non-technical individuals.
- Must have experience and the ability to write documentation and provide training.
This is a full-time 12-month, benefits-eligible, administrative hourly position. Normal campus hours of work are 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Occasionally, some weekend or evening hours might be required for this position. This position description is not all-inclusive as other tasks or responsibilities may be assigned.
Review of applications will begin immediately and cotninue until the position is filled. Interested candidates should send a detailed cover letter, resume and names with contact information for three references to:
Office of Human Resources
Hobart and William Smith Colleges
337 Pulteney Street
Geneva, NY 14456
Hobart and William Smith Colleges are committed to attracting and supporting faculty and staff that fully represent the racial, ethnic, and cultural diversity of the nation and actively seek applications from under-represented groups. The Colleges do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, age, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression or any other protected status.
Hobart and William Smith Colleges are a highly selective residential liberal arts institution located in a small, diverse city in the Finger Lakes region of New York State. With an enrollment of approximately 2,200, the Colleges offer 62 majors and minors from which students choose two areas of concentration, one of which must be an interdisciplinary program. Creative and extensive programs of international study and public service are also at the core of the Colleges’ mission.