Each year, the Colleges host a Benefits Open Enrollment during which employees may change or enhance their benefits package to suit their needs for the coming year.
This year's annual Open Enrollment period is scheduled October 30 through November 14, 2015.
If you wish to enroll in, change, or enhance your present benefits coverage, you must do so during this time period. Should you fail to make a change during this period, changes during the year can be made only in the event of a qualifying change in life status. Otherwise, you will be required to wait until the next Open Enrollment period to make changes.
Please review your current benefits plan in order to determine whether it still meets your requirements (we can provide you with a complete list of your benefits upon request). Also, please note that by law, certain benefits require new enrollment each year, including flexible spending accounts and the medical insurance opt-out program.
A listing of the specific plans in which you can enroll or make changes are as follows:
1) Medical Insurance Programs offered through Excellus Blue Cross/Blue Shield
Excellus provides two plans to choose from:
a) Excellus Blue PPO (In- and Out-of-Network coverage)
b) Excellus Simply Blue High Deductible Health Plan (Health Savings Account and High Deductible Plan with In-and Out-of-Network coverage)
c) Prescription drug coverage for Excellus Blue PPO plan participants will be provided by Express Scripts, Inc. If you are enrolled in the Excellus Simply Blue High Deductible Health Plan the prescription drug coverage will be provided by Excellus.
2015 Medical Bi-Weekly Payroll Deduction Rates
2) Guardian Dental Insurance - Enrollment is required for all who wish to enroll if you are not already enrolled or if you want to make a change or terminate your plan.
3) Guardian Vision Insurance
4) Flexible Spending Accounts for Health and Dependent Care Expenses - Enrollment Form
5) The 2015 Medical Opt Out Stipend will be in the amount $1000 paid on January 16, 2015. If you are not enrolling in, or wish to terminate your plan with the Colleges, please complete the 2015 Medical Opt Out form by November 14, 2014.
7) Supplemental Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Coverage through Lincoln: Please contact the Office of Human Resources at ext. 3312 for information on life insurance.
PLEASE NOTE THAT HUMAN RESOURCES WILL NOT HONOR ANY CHANGES SUBMITTED AFTER THE CLOSE OF BUSINESS ON FRIDAY, November 14th. IF YOU DO NOT ELECT ANY CHANGES, YOUR CURRENT BENEFIT ELECTIONS WILL REMAIN IN EFFECT WITH THE EXCEPTION OF FLEX SPENDING AND MEDICAL OPT-OUT WHICH WILL CEASE DECEMBER 31, 2014.
If you have questions regarding benefits eligibility, please contact Human Resources at ext. 3312.