2016 ANNUAL BENEFIT OPEN ENROLLMENT
Each year, the Colleges host a Benefits Open Enrollment during which employees may change or enhance their benefits package to suit their needs for the coming year. New this year, employees can make any changes to their benefit elections via the new benefit portal www.enrollingiseasy.com. The link below are directions to complete your enrollment online.
Employees can use the benefit portal to:
- Make annual election for Flexible Spending (health and/or dependent care)
- Make any changes to add or delete dependents on your health, dental or vision plan
- Enroll or update optional and /or dependents life insurance
- Provide your life insurance beneficiary information
- Verify your personal information is accurate and notify Human Resources of any changes in your address, phone number, marital status, etc.
This year's annual Open Enrollment period is scheduled November 2 through November 13, 2015.
If you wish to enroll in, change, or enhance your present benefits coverage, you must do so during this time period via the new benefit web protal. Should you fail to make a change during this period, changes during the year can be made only in the event of a qualifying change in life status. Otherwise, you will be required to wait until the next Open Enrollment period to make changes.
Please review your current benefits plan in order to determine whether it still meets your requirements (we can provide you with a complete list of your benefits upon request). Also, please note that by law, certain benefits require new enrollment each year, including flexible spending accounts and the medical insurance opt-out program.
- New online benefit portal for open enrollment, www.enrollingiseasy.com. Open enrollment changes must be submitted no later than November 13, 2015.
- Health and prescription drug plan premiums increase 3.5% but there is no change in coverage.
- OptumRx is replacing Express Scripts as the pharmacy benefit manager for participants in the Excellus Blue PPO plan.
- Guardian dental plan has no change in cost or coverage.
- Guardian/Davis vision plan has no change in coverage and new rates are available at the link (insert here)
- The Medical Opt-Out stipend for 2016 is $1000.
- The 403(b) general annual limit for 2016 will remain at $18,000 and the Age-50 Catch-up limit is an additional $6,000. If you wish to make changes to your retirement contributions by the first pay of 2016, please submit your Salary Reduction Agreement form to HR by December 18th. 2016 Salary Reduction Agreement Form
- HR will hold an Open Enrollment Benefit Fair on Wednesday, November 4th from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm in the Vandervort Room. Representatives from Excellus, Guardian, MVP (for retirees), Liberty Mutual, TIAA-CREF A&T, Verizon, EAP and Human Resources will be available to answer any question you have regarding benefits.
A listing of the specific plans in which you can enroll or make changes are as follows:
1) Medical Insurance Programs offered through Excellus Blue Cross/Blue Shield
Excellus provides two plans to choose from:
a) Excellus Blue PPO (In- and Out-of-Network coverage)
b) Excellus Simply Blue High Deductible Health Plan (Health Savings Account and High Deductible Plan with In-and Out-of-Network coverage)
c) Prescription drug coverage for Excellus Blue PPO plan participants will be provided by OptumRx. If you are enrolled in the Excellus Simply Blue High Deductible Health Plan the prescription drug coverage will be provided by Excellus.
2016 Medical Bi-Weekly Payroll Deduction Rates
2) Guardian Dental Insurance - Enrollment is required for all who wish to enroll if you are not already enrolled or if you want to make a change or terminate your plan.
3) Guardian Vision Insurance
4) Flexible Spending Accounts for Health and Dependent Care Expenses
*To view your FSA account online please see this flyer*
5) The 2016 Medical Opt Out Stipend will be in the amount $1000 paid on January 15, 2016. If you are not enrolling in, or wish to terminate your plan with the Colleges, please complete the 2016 Medical Opt Out form by November 13, 2015.
6) Retiree health plans will continue to be available through:
7) Supplemental Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Coverage through Lincoln: Please contact the Office of Human Resources at ext. 3312 for information on life insurance.
PLEASE NOTE THAT HUMAN RESOURCES WILL NOT HONOR ANY CHANGES SUBMITTED AFTER THE CLOSE OF BUSINESS ON FRIDAY, November 13th. IF YOU DO NOT ELECT ANY CHANGES, YOUR CURRENT BENEFIT ELECTIONS WILL REMAIN IN EFFECT WITH THE EXCEPTION OF FLEX SPENDING AND MEDICAL OPT-OUT WHICH WILL CEASE DECEMBER 31, 2014.
If you have questions regarding benefits eligibility, please contact Human Resources at ext. 3312.