Comment Use Policy
Thank you for engaging with us on social media. We enjoy your comments and suggestions, and intend to keep you updated with relevant community and college news and resources.
We have established the following guidelines for commenting and our responses for those comments. We hope that this will keep the focus on positive dialogue and help answer questions while making sure that the comments are courteous and professional. We will try to respond as quickly as possible to your comments during normal working hours.
- Banning: We hope to never have to ban participants from our community, but repeated or egregious violations of the above policy will result in removal from the community.
- Spam: Advertising or promotional content will be immediately removed.
- Threats, hateful, or inappropriate comments: We will not allow personal attacks, threats, release of personal information, overtly antagonistic or abusive behavior. Infractions will result in immediate removal of the comment(s) and possible banning from the community.
- Hate speech: Sexist, racist or homophobic speech will not be tolerated.
- Factual information: Although we acknowledge criticism, we will not allow misrepresentation. We will distinguish between constructive arguments and subversion of the purpose of the site via smear tactics.
- Repeat topics: We are excited to discuss community information, issues, activities and events and related topics, but to ensure that we keep the conversation moving, we will not engage in extended back and forth on topics in the comment threads. Please feel free to reach us directly off-line to discuss other topics in more depth.