Policy: Faculty and Staff Computer Specifications
One of the HWS institutional goals is to replace faculty and staff primary computers on a four-year cycle, as budget permits. When computers are scheduled for replacement, faculty and staff will be contacted by a technician from IT Services' Field Support Team.
Below is the current list of HWS replacement computers. The specifications as listed are standard and any additional peripherals (e.g. external monitor or docking station) will require a budget number prior to ordering the computer equipment.
All computers include Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat and anti-virus software. The choice between Apple and PC should be motivated by the applications that are required to perform your job duties.
Once a new computer has been ordered and delivered to campus, the Field Support team will coordinate installation and the return of the old computer.
- HP Compaq EliteOne 800 G2 All-in-One Desktop, Intel i5 quad-core 3.2GHz processor, 8GB RAM, 256GB Solid State Drive, with a CD-RW/DVD-RW Combo, 23" full-HD display, keyboard and mouse.
- HP EliteBook 840 G3 Notebook, Intel i5 2.3 GHz processor, 8GB RAM, 256GB Solid State Drive, 14" HD display, DVD+/-RW, integrated 720p HD webcam, and mouse.
- HP EliteBook Folio G1, Intel core M5 1.1 GHz processor, 8GB RAM, 256GB Solid State Drive, Integrated HD Webcam, weighs 2.14 lbs., USB-C to HDMI, USB-C power, USB, and Ethernet adapter.
- iMac Desktop, 2.8 GHz Intel i5 quad-core processor, 21.5" TFT display, 8GB RAM, 256GB Solid State Drive, USB mouse and keyboard.
- MacBook Air Notebook, 13.1", 1.6 GHz Intel i5 dual-core processor, 8GB RAM, 256GB Solid State Drive, integrated 720p webcam.
- MacBook, 12”, 1.1 GHz Intel M3 processor, 8GB RAM, 256 Solid State Drive, weighs under 2 lbs., USB-C to HDMI, USB-C power, USB, and Ethernet adapter.
Additional adapters are available for purchase at the Help Desk. Faculty and staff may purchase the following by separate request:
- HP 23" EliteDisplay - $147.00
- HP Ultra Slim Docking Station (for 840 G3 only) - $93.00
- External CD/DVD drive - $30.00
Note: In an effort to best utilize funds, HWS is moving to a self-insured model. If your computer requires replacement or repairs that are not covered under warranty, your department will incur a $200 deductible to facilitate that replacement or repair, at the time of repair. Items not covered by warranty include breakage as a result of drops and spills, theft, fire, vandalism, accidental damage and natural disasters.