Policy: Faculty and Staff Computer Specifications
One of the HWS institutional goals is to replace faculty and staff primary computers on a four-year cycle, as budget permits. When computers are scheduled for replacement, faculty and staff will be contacted by a technician from IT Services' Field Support Team.
Below is the current list of HWS replacement computers. The specifications as listed are standard and any additional peripherals (e.g. external monitor or docking station) will require a budget number prior to ordering the computer equipment.
All computers include Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite and anti-virus software. The choice between Apple and PC should be motivated by the applications that are required to perform your job duties.
Once a new computer has been ordered and delivered to campus, the Field Support team will coordinate installation and the return of the old computer.
- HP Compaq EliteOne 800 G2 All-in-One Desktop, Intel i7 quad-core 3.4GHz processor, 8GB RAM, 500GB hard drive, with a CD-RW/DVD-RW Combo, 23" full-HD display, keyboard and mouse.
- HP EliteBook 840 G3 Notebook, Intel i7 2.6 GHz processor, 8GB RAM, 512GB Solid State Drive, 14" HD display, DVD+/-RW, integrated 720p HD webcam, mouse and carrying case.
- iMac Desktop, 3.1 GHz Intel i7 quad-core processor, 21.5" TFT display, 8GB RAM, 1TB hard drive, USB mouse and keyboard.
- MacBook Air Notebook, 13.1", 1.4 GHz Intel i7 dual-core processor, 8GB RAM, 250GB Solid State Drive, integrated 720p webcam, USB mouse and carrying case. Also included are two adapters: USB to ethernet, and Thunderbolt to VGA and HDMI.
Additional adapters are available for purchase at the Help Desk. Faculty and staff may purchase the following by separate request:
- HP 23" EliteDisplay
- 1 TB external hard drive (Mac or PC)
- External CD/DVD drive
Note: In an effort to best utilize funds, HWS is moving to a self-insured model. If your computer requires replacement or repairs that are not covered under warranty, your department will incur a $200 deductible to facilitate that replacement or repair, at the time of repair. Items not covered by warranty include breakage as a result of drops and spills, theft, fire, vandalism, accidental damage and natural disasters.