Service Catalog: Scan and Digitize Materials
Summary (what you get):
Two types of resources are available on campus for faculty, students, and staff to digitize documents, photos, or slides:
- Multi-functional devices (MFDs), which convert print documents to PDFs
- Stand-alone scanners, which are attached to multiple workstations in the Rosensweig Learning Commons
Access to software for image editing and word recognition/OCR audio playback is provided in the Rosensweig Learning Commons. Slide and video digitization resources are also available.
Training and assistance using the following:
- Document/photo image scanning
- OCR (optical character recognition) scanning
- Kurzweil program document reading and audio playback (in collaboration with the Center for Teaching and Learning)
- Video/audio editing
- Planning to determine appropriate file storage and access solutions (e.g. Blackboard or shared network folders)
What is Not Included:
IT Services staff members are available to assist in the use of equipment, but staff members do not perform these services.
Some printable instructions are available.
Where/how to request this service:
This service may be requested by contacting the Help Desk via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling ext. 4357.
If you are having difficulty or you have unanswered questions, please submit a request, call the Help Desk at (315) 781-4357, or e-mail email@example.com.