FINGER LAKES INSTITUTE
As part of the Finger Lakes Regional Stream Monitoring
Program, high school students collect macroinvertebrates
from a stream.
The Finger Lakes Institute creates and administers a variety of inquiry-based educational opportunities for middle school and high school teachers. The FLI's main programs include Science on Seneca, The Finger Lakes Regional Stream Monitoring Program, Environmental Studies Summer Youth Institute, and various workshops focused on water resources, environmental quality, and the Finger Lakes Region.
The goals of our educational programs are to:
- Develop innovative curricular material, resources and educational opportunities for K-12 students and teachers
- Offer professional development programs for teachers and other educators
- Host school groups and participating students involved with Science on Seneca (SOS) and other outreach programs
- Provide educational opportunities for Hobart and William Smith students
- Contribute curriculum to K-12 schools through participation in school advisory boards and committees