14 Statesmen named to NEC Academic Honor Roll
Posted on Thursday, June 19, 2014
The Northeast Conference announced its Spring Academic Honor Roll this week. The Hobart College lacrosse team had 14 student-athletes honored for their academic and athletic excellence.
To earn a spot on the NEC Academic Honor Roll, student-athletes must have at least a 3.2 cumulative grade point average. Eighty-eight men's lacrosse players were recognized on this year's honor roll. The Statesmen had the most student-athletes recognized of the four teams to play in the 2014 NEC Tournament and trailed only Wagner (18) and Robert Morris (17) in the league overall.
The following Hobart lacrosse players were heralded for their hard work in the classroom and on the field:
- Arik Andreen, FY, economics major
- Peter Bolte, SR, Asian studies and psychology major
- Sean Cunningham, FY, undeclared
- Andrew Dines, SO, undeclared
- Dom Facciponte, SO, biochemistry major
- George Fries, JR, political science major
- Gavin Llewellyn, SO, economics major
- Ryan Munnelly, SR, international relations major
- Matt Opsahl, SO, political science major
- Zach Reed, JR, environmental studies major
- Max Romm, FY, undeclared
- Grant Soucy, FY, economics major
- Cam Stone, SR, political science major
- Peter Zonino, SR, media and society major
In its first season as an associate member of the NEC, Hobart went 3-3 and finished fourth in the league standings. The Statesmen stunned NEC regular season champion Saint Joseph's 10-9 in double overtime in the NEC semifinals before falling to NCAA quarterfinalist Bryant in the title game. Overall, Hobart finished the year with a 5-10 record.