Frequently Asked Questions
Why should I join?
The Colleges need you! Most of the programs currently on campus are here because of the gifts provided by alumni, alumnae and parents. Help the future classes receive the same opportunities you have been given by giving to Hobart and William Smith and joining the Stewardson Society. Join your classes legacy and leave a positive impact by supporting the future of the Colleges. The current class participation record is 79% set by the Classes of 2012. Does your class have what it takes to dethrone 2012?
How much is it?
To become an official member of the Stewardson Society you need to make a minimum gift of $20.16. To become a member of the Stewardson leadership level, the Emerson Society, a $50 gift or more is required.
What is the Emerson Society? Why should I join?
The Emerson Society is the leadership level of the Stewardson Society. Emerson members show the highest commitment to leaving their classes legacy at HWS. Members of this society will be granted access to events specific to Emerson Society members.
Where does my money go?
You decide! You can select the department, activity, program…support any area that you are most passion about. Unsure of where to give? Support the Annual Fund. Gifts made to the Annual Fund have the most immediate impact on students. Annual gifts are directed to the areas of greatest opportunity.
What do I get by giving?
You get to know you were a contributing factor in the development of Hobart and William Smith Colleges! For those of you who are not sold on that, we do have events that are for Stewardson members only. While these events are great opportunities to socialize with our classmates, we want YOU to give because YOU want to! Such events vary from off campus events at local restaurants/bars to forum discussions with the Board of Trustees. Stay tuned!
Where/How can I make my gift? You have options...
- The Scandling Center during tabling events. Members of the Stewardson Committee will be on hand and to collect gifts and answer any questions you may have.
- You can fill out a payroll deduction form if you work on campus. Your Stewardson gift will be deducted out of your next two paychecks so you don’t have to worry about making your gift before or at an event. You can pick up a form at the Office of Advancement at 20 Seneca Street. We also have forms available at each Stewardson event and during tabling each Friday in the Scandling Center during lunch.
- Make your gift at a Stewardson event. You are granted entrance at those events that are “Members Only” by making your gift at the door; just remember cash, your checkbook or your credit card!
- Make your gift at the Office of Advancement at 20 Seneca Street.
- Make your gift online.
- Text your name and HWS to 20222.