Designed by local Geneva architect Daniel R. Long, the Bozzuto Boathouse is named in honor of Charles Bozzuto, father of the project's lead donor, HWS Trustee Thomas S. Bozzuto '68, and houses the Colleges' nationally ranked sailing team.
Located in the Prouty-Chew House on South Main Street, the Historical Society is a non-profit committed to preserving and interpreting Geneva's past and cultivating an appreciation for Geneva's history.
Pulteney Park is the original village green at the center of Geneva, as surveyed and laid out in 1794. In the 1820s, the public square, as it became known, was used as a place for horses, wagons and stagecoaches to "park" when people were in Geneva transacting business.
Located at 340 Main Street, the cornerstone of the First United Methodist Church was laid in 1912. At the request of the city, the tower and clock were added to the original design plans. To this day, the Carillion chime, located in the clocktower, rings out two hymns, five times a day.
In an effort to expand its partnership with Geneva while also adding to the vitality of downtown life, in July 2012, HWS relocated the Office of Advancement to office space located at 20 Seneca Street.
Built in 1894 by local philanthropist William Smith, the Smith Opera House is among the oldest operating theatres in the United States. The beautiful interior and excellent acoustics have made the theatre a premier opera house, concert hall, playhouse, vaudeville venue, movie palace and performing arts venue.
Formally Farmers and Merchants Bank, (and also Geneva Savings Bank), The Left Bank now operates as an event venue and art gallery on Linden Street.
The Geneva Post Office (right) was constructed on Castle Street in 1906, the first one in New York designed in the Colonial Revival style. The interior features a mural titled "The Vineyard" by Peter Blume, installed in 1942. On January 1, 1913, Mayor Reuben Gulvin broke ground on City Hall (left) in the heart of today's downtown.
Held every Thursday in the Exchange Street Parking Lot from June through October, Geneva's thriving farmer's market allows residents and tourists to shop fresh and local.
Erected on the corner of Castle and Exchange Streets, the Dove Block was built by the father of Hobart alumnus and renowned American painter, Author Dove '03. Dove completed his famous Cars in a Sleet Storm (1938) while living on the third floor of the commercial building.
St. Peter's Episcopal Church, located at the corner of Genesee and Lewis Streets, was once a wooden chapel. The current gothic revival structure was commissioned by the Rev. Dr. James Rankine and designed by notable architect Dr. Richard Upjohn in 1868. Rankine served as Hobart College president from 1869-71.
The Cracker Factory, a 65,000 square foot turn of the century complex on Lehigh Street, is home to Miles and May Furniture Works. Half of the factory is dedicated to manufacturing while the remainder is used for artistic and community development, including gallery and exhibition space, artist studios, and a letterpress printing shop curated by the non-profit, 3Stories.