Following are some important deadlines for student opportunities within various offices on campus.
- Sept. 2 at 4:30 p.m.: Spring 2017 accepted study abroad students scholarship meeting, Trinity 305
- Sept. 7 at 7:30 p.m.: Study Abroad Information Session for Fall 2017 programs, Vandervort Room
- Sept. 20 at 7:30 p.m.: Short-Term/Summer Information session, Merritt 100
- Oct. 3 before 11:59 p.m.: Application deadline for Fall 2017 programs
- Oct. 28: Decision notification for Fall 2017 programs, through students online study abroad account
- Oct. 28 before 11:59 p.m.: Application deadline for Short-Term/Summer programs
- Sept. 7: Health Professions Info Session, 5:30 p.m., Napier 101
- March 10: Cohler Award for Art and Architecture, due by 4 p.m.
- March 31: Guaranteed internship applications, due by 4 p.m.
- March 27: Bickley International Internship Award deadline, due by 4 p.m.
- March 27: Davis Award for the Arts, due by 4 p.m.
For all other Career Services events and workshops, please visit the Colleges’ Events Calendar.
- Sept. 29: HWS Impact, 5-8 p.m.
- Sept. 30: Global Leadership Program Interest Meeting, 12:30 p.m. and 5:30 p.m.
- Aug. 27: First Year Orientation Day of Service
- Sept. 5: America Reads and America Counts tutor applications due (click here for application)
- Sept. 11: 9/11 National Day of Service and Remembrance, Scandling, lunch/dinner
- Sept. 14: Big Brothers Big Sisters Informational Meetings, 4:30-5:30 or 5:30-6:30, Trinity 305
- Sept. 16: QwikSolar Chasing The Sun Run to benefit the Boys & Girls Club of Geneva. 5k and One Mile Fun Run, 5-8 p.m. Click here to register.
- Sept. 21: Pizza with the Peace Corps, 5-6 p.m.
- Oct. 6, 13, 20, 27: Community Lunch Program, 1st United Methodist Church, 340 Main Street, Thursdays from 9 a.m.-1 p.m. (email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up for a 1 or 2 hour shift)
- Oct. 3: AmeriCorps Information Session with currently serving HWS alumni, 7 p.m., Merritt 100
- Oct. 15: - Day of Service and Geneva City School District’s Festival of Nations
- Oct. 24: American Red Cross Blood Drive, 1-7 p.m., Vandervort Room
- Nov. 4: Reception with FY Presidential Scholars and Geneva Scholars, 4-5:30 p.m., Trinity 206
- Nov. 8: HWS Votes Election Night Party, 8 p.m., Vandervort Room
- Nov. 14: Alternative Spring Break Info Session, 6-7:30 p.m., Trinity 305 (Application)
- Dec. 1: Geneva Heroes Application due
- Dec. 5: Donations to the Holiday Gift Program – Please return to CCESL for delivery
- Dec. 9: Habitat for Humanity Annual Mr. Hobart Fundraiser, 7:30 p.m., Albright
- Jan. 16: Martin Luther King Jr. Day of Service
- Jan. 23: America Reads and America Counts tutor applications due
- Feb. 2nd, 9, 16, 23: Community Lunch Program, 1st United Methodist Church, 340 Main Street, Thursdays from 9 a.m.-1 p.m. (email email@example.com to sign up for a 1 or 2 hour shift)
- Feb. 6: AmeriCorps Info Session, 7 p.m., Merritt 100
- Feb. 20: American Red Cross Blood Drive, 1-7 p.m., Vandervort Room
- Feb. 21: Geneva Summer of Service Internship Informational Meeting, 12-1 p.m., Creedon Room
- March 11-18: Alternative Spring Break Trips
- April 8: Geneva Reads Book Fest & Day of Service
- April 27: American Red Cross Blood Drive- 1-7 p.m., Vandervort Room
- May 2: Spring Community Engaged Scholarship Forum, 4:30-5:30 p.m., Vandervort Room
- May 18-12: Annual Community Barn Sale
- Sept. 8: IC Open House and Welcoming Reception, 5 p.m.
- Sept. 16: Family Snack ‘n’ Share, 4:30 p.m.
- Sept. 29: HWS Impact
- Oct. 2: Hispanic/Latino Heritage Day Celebration @ MAG, 12-5 p.m.
- Oct. 4: Community Conversation With Solome Rose and Afrika Owes, Office of Inclusion and Diversity, 5 p.m.
- Oct. 19: Career Chat with Brandi Ferrara, 4 p.m.
- Oct. 26: Staff Matters with Tiffany Murrary and Tremayne Robertson, Title IX Staff, 12 p.m.
- Nov. 2: CCCH, Rome, 5 p.m.
- Nov 11: Canandaigua Treaty Trip, 12-4 p.m.
- Nov. 15: Career Chat with Brandi Ferrara , 4 p.m.
- Dec. 29: Kwanzaa @ MAG, 12-5 p.m.
- Feb. 26: Black History Month @MAG, 12-5 p.m.
Contact the Office of Parent Relations:
Kelly Young P'16, Director
May 15, 2016
August 26 - 28, 2016
Homecoming and Family Weekend
September 16-18, 2016
- Campus Map
- College Store
- Parent Giving
- Parents' Guide
- Places to Stay
- Share My Info
- Shuttle/Bus Schedule
- Questions & Answers
Each week, the Office of Communications prepares an e-newsletter that gives a snapshot of all things Hobart and William Smith, including top stories and news about upcoming events.