Afro Latino Alumni and Alumnae Association (ALAA)
Welcome to the Afro Latino Alumni and Alumnae Association website! ALAA was formed in the winter of 1999, and is diligently working towards promoting a greater awareness of the association among the alumni and alumnae of color of Hobart and William Smith. By doing so we hope to encourage our alumni and alumnae not only to return to the Colleges, but to get involved in the Colleges through other activities and events. Therefore, this site is designed as a means of communication and information for you. We hope that you will join us in accomplishing our mission and goals by sending us your input and ideas as we move forward.
If you are interested in learning more about ALAA and how to become a part of this exciting network, please contact one of the board members.
The Afro Latino Alumni and Alumnae Association (ALAA) is proud to look back at all of the accomplishments since our inception. We are excited to plan more activities that will further assist Hobart and William Smith students of color and the Geneva community.
How Can You Support the Mission of ALAA?
As you can see from our list of proposed activities, ALAA is hoping to sponsor numerous career, educational, and supportive events for students of color. All these events are made possible thanks to generous HWS alums of color. We hope you will consider a gift to ALAA so we can continue to do as much as possible to support HWS students of color.
- Did you know you could designate your contribution to Hobart and William Smith directly to ALAA? The only thing you have to do is indicate "ALAA" next to for on your check. It's that easy to help ALAA!
- All gifts are important to ALAA. We want to thank all the alums who gave to ALAA during the last academic year. This academic year, we are asking more alums of color to participate to increase our good work. Our goal is to have 250 alums of color support ALAA's efforts. Please consider ALAA in your contributions during this academic year.
- When you give to ALAA, please make your check payable to "Hobart and William Smith," notate ALAA on the for line and mail it to:
Hobart and William Smith Colleges
Office of Advancement
300 Pulteney Street
Geneva, NY 14456
How Else Can You Support ALAA?
- Participate in the career and education programs held during ALAA Spring Weekends.
- Become a mentor. ALAA is always in need of mentors to give students the positive guidance and insight from the perspective of an alum of color.
- Host a Men/Women of Color "Experienceship."
- Mentor Program
- ALAA Past Programs
- ALAA Constitution
- ALAA By-Laws
- Intercultural Affairs
- Collins and Henderson Awards
Miriam Irene Torres '07
Cecilia Teye-Ampomah '09
Rafael A. Rodriguez '07