Loading

The Vandervort Room in The Scandling Campus Center

The newly renovated Scandling Campus Center serves as a meeting place for HWS students, faculty and staff. The building is home to a new café and post office as well as the Student Activities Center, lounges and multi-purpose rooms.

Equipped to accommodate up to 350 people, the multi-purpose Vandervort Room was financed in part by lead donor Janet Vandervort Cable '45 in honor of her parents.

Renovations added nearly 17,625 sq. feet to the original Scandling Center.

The building is named in honor of Trustee William F. Scandling '49, LL.D.'67 whose donation was the largest single gift in the Colleges' history.

The combination of formal and informal space was designed to foster interaction among HWS students, faculty and staff.


MORE INFORMATION

Donated By

Janet Vandervort Cable '45 in honor of her parents, Paul and Grace Vandervort

Designer

Pamela Lucas Rew '81 of KSS Architects

Original Architects

Herbert S. Newman Architects
300 York St.
New Haven, CT 06511
(203) 772-1990

New Architect

Pamela Lucas Rew '81 of KSS Architects
337 Witherspoon Street
Princetown, NJ 08542
(609) 921-1131

Contractor

The Pike Company, Inc.
One Circle Street
Rochester, NY 14607

Project Start Date

May 2008

Project Dedicated

June 9, 2008

Building Re-Dedicated

Sept. 1, 2008


COMPLETED PROJECTS