TRUSTEE SCHOLARS PROGRAM
The William F. Scandling ’49, LL.D. ’67 Trustee Scholarship for Academic Excellence is awarded to first year applicants who have demonstrated academic excellence throughout their high school career and show potential to complete honors level work, a top internship and/or research opportunities. Demonstrated interest in Hobart and William Smith Colleges will also be considered in selecting Trustee winners.
Students who wish to compete for a Trustee Scholarship must meet the following requirements by November 15 if applying as an Early Decision Candidate or January 15 if applying as an Early Decision II or Regular Decision Candidate:
- Apply to Hobart and William Smith Colleges using the Common Application
- Submit the HWS Scholarship Application
- Complete an Admissions Interview
- Satisfy at least one of the following academic criteria: top 10% of their high school class, 90 GPA or equivalent, 28 ACT or 1270 SAT or receive a special recommendation from a school official.
Trustee Scholarship Specifics
- $25,000 annual scholarship
- Winners have the opportunity to compete for an additional $5,000 grant or the Hersh and Wood scholarships by expressing interest in the additional funds and attending Scholar Recognition Day
- Recipients must meet satisfactory academic progress, uphold community standards and maintain a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA after the completion of two semesters at HWS.
- Trustee Scholars will also be invited to an induction with the Board of Trustees, assigned a faculty mentor in their chosen academic field and assigned a Career Services mentor in their first semester at HWS.
Feel free to contact us individually or e-mail the Office of Admissions if you have any questions.
Phone: (315) 781-3622 or (800) 852-2256
Fax: (315) 781-3914