Recognizing just how important an internship is in determining career direction, the Colleges have made a bold commitment. The Colleges guarantee that students of good academic or social standing who successfully complete the Pathways Program will be able to participate in at least one internship or research opportunity. In most cases, the internship will happen in the summer after the junior year. For internships or research opportunities that are unpaid, the Colleges will provide a stipend. The guarantee is an important aspect of the Colleges’ approach to preparing students to lead lives of consequence. Learn more.
Community. Confidence. Clarity.
At Hobart and William Smith, we've built our education around seeing the world from multiple perspectives. If you can imagine and create connections among numerous spheres of study, you can manage, enable and even maximize change. Under the mentorship of faculty and guided by a curriculum grounded in exploration and rigor, Hobart and William Smith students are transformed. Through leadership, service and study abroad programs and an extensive array of internships, HWS students hone their skills and gain the necessary clarity to be competitive when seeking employment. They win prestigious fellowships like the Rhodes, Fulbright and Gates. They gain admittance to the best graduate programs in the world. They go on to lead lives of consequence.
Ultimately, whether you're a prospective first-year student, a transfer student or an international student, your experience at Hobart and William Smith will encourage you to create your own path, and be successful at every turn. Join our community, gain confidence and develop clarity. The possibilities are endless.
Find HWS Admissions Near You
Contact Us: If you have questions or would like to schedule a campus visit, contact the Office of Admissions anytime at email@example.com.
Tips for Navigating the New Common App: To assist those who may have trouble navigating The Common App, the HWS Office of Admissions has developed a list of tips to help you manage the application process.
- 45 majors and 68 minors
- A community where you’ll be known
- One of the best abroad programs in the nation
- Clarity through thousands of internships
- A leadership program rooted in ethics and inclusivity
- A diverse and engaged community of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender (LGBT) and allied students, staff and faculty
- Joint degree programs in engineering and business
- Robust Pre-Law, Health Professions, and Pre-Business programs
- Honors, the Senior Symposium and advanced research
- Community engagement through advocacy and research
- Visit our beautiful campus in the heart of the Finger Lakes