Lakefront and Downtown Development
"The general purpose of the project is to offer a comparative report to those involved in lakefront and downtown development planning for Geneva which could offer some insight into the development success of a city of similar size and layout. I am doing a comparative
study between Geneva and Travis City, MI. Travis City
has similar components to Geneva that make it ideal for
comparison purposes such as population size and land
area. As part of the study, I will be looking closely at
downtown development and commerce for each."
- Kayla Shoemaker, William Smith '10 Double Major in Economics and Public Policy
What are your goals for the project? What do you hope to accomplish?
- Writing a report for a comparative analysis between Geneva and Travis City, MI
- Researching the history of Geneva. Looking at the past and analyzing what happened.
- Looking at the next step: What can we learn from the research?
What have you personally learned so far? How has this project affected you?
"Sometimes people think there is a simple solution for economics. What they don't realize is that each decision made by a company, an agency, or even an individual has an effect on the community. There is no one right way to deal with the economic development in Geneva. As much as I would like to see things in Travis City happen here, things might not work out for Geneva due to factors that have allowed Travis City to take advantage of its potential."
- Cecilia Teye-Ampomah - Campus Child Care Initiative
- Leslie Hopke - Phelps Community Center Senior Citizen Program Study
- Christina Kinnevey - Success for Geneva's Children 2009 Data Booklet
- Emma Daley - Success for Geneva's Children 2009 Data Booklet
- Jacquelyn Sands - American Cancer Society: Daffodil Days Program
- Austin Kana - Green Building Assessment for the City of Geneva
- Sarah Holland - Green Space: Inventory and Proposal in the City of Geneva
- Kayla Shoemaker - Lakefront and Downtown Development
- Casey Marshall - Kindergarten Literacy Initiative Project
- Susan Kridler - Encouraging Bicycling in the City of Geneva, NY